Men's Health involves conditions that affect men throughout their lifespan from childhood through adulthood. Men can experience musculoskeletal injuries from daily activity or sports such as back, neck and pelvic pain, upper extremity and lower extremity dysfunctions. Men can also experience bladder and bowel disorders that include urinary urgency-frequency, incontinence, irritable bowel syndrome and hemorrhoids. Other conditions can affect the prostate and/or irritate muscles of the pelvis such as chronic prostatitis and levator ani syndrome.
- Interstitial cystitis
- Urethral Syndrome
- Urgency-Frequency Syndrome
- Urinary incontinence
- Urinary retention
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Fecal incontinence
- Hemorrhoid Pain
- Pelvic floor organ prolapse (Rectal prolapse)
- Anal Fissure
- Chronic Pelvic Pain
- Proctalgia Fugax
- Levator Ani Syndrome
- Pudendal Neuralgia
- Sexual Dysfunction
- Post Prostate Cancer Treatment
- Persistent swelling in the upper or lower extremities
- Persistent swelling in the pelvic or abdominal region
At Beyond Basics Physical Therapy, we treat the symptoms and work with our patients to get to the underlying cause to lessen and eliminate both. Patients participate in every aspect of their physical therapy treatment (which includes connective tissue manipulation, cranio-sacral therapy, myofascial release, lymphatic drainage, visceral manipulation) during the one-on-one, hands-on sessions.
Treatment may include:
- External and internal manual therapy including: myofascial release and trigger point release, visceral manipulation, connective tissue manipulation, and craniosacral therapy
- Biofeedback, electrical stimulation, and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)
- Cold laser, heat and cold therapy
We encourage treatment to be multidisciplinary and holistic. We offer help with stress management, nutritional counseling, massage therapy, support groups and psychological services. Read more about complementary services.
For more information, please contact us.