In the Media
- Spring / Summer 2016 Newsletter - Sex After Childbirth (Part II) and Testicular Pain (Part II)
- Winter 2016 - Sex After Childbirth (Part I) and Testicular Pain (Part I)
- Spring 2015 - What is Endometriosis?
- Winter 2014/2015 - Happy an Healthy New Year to All!
- Fall 2014 - To Kegel or Not To Kegel...For Men?? By Riva Preil, MS, PT, DPT
- Spring 2014 - Myofascial Release (MFR): An Overview by Mary Hughes, PT, DPT
- Winter 2014 - All About The Alliance for Pelvic Pain: Interviews with Amy Stein and Alexandria Milspaw regarding the Alliance’s Weekend Retreat held in April 2013
- Fall 2013 - Cold Laser Therapy: What It Is and How It Can Help?
- Summer 2013 - Connective tissue disorders and pelvic floor muscle dysfunction: Is there a connection?
- Spring 2013 - An Interview with Amy Stein: Renowned Pelvic Floor Physical Therapist in NYC and One of the Founding Members of the Alliance for Pelvic Pain
- Fall 2012 - Pelvic Pain In Men: What It Is, What Causes It, and How Physical Therapy Can Help
- Summer 2012 - Endometriosis and Physical Therapy
- Spring 2012 - Dyspareunia: Diagnosis and Treatment
- Winter 2012 - the gift of yoga
- Fall 2011 - The Role of Physical Therapy in Constipation
- Summer 2011 - Keeping Healthy Hips - By Andrea Posada, SPT
- Spring 2011 - the Feldenkrais method
- Fall 2010 - Preventing Back Injuries
- Summer 2010 - Postpartum Care and Pelvic Health
- Spring 2010 - Common Pediatric Bowel Disorders
- Winter 2010 - Pilates Program
- Fall 2009 - Lymphedema Program
- Summer 2009 - Female Sexual Dysfunction and Physical Therapy, part 2 by Stephanie Lutz, DPT & Amy Stein, DPT
- Spring 2009 - Female Sexual Dysfunction and Physical Therapy, part 1 by Stephanie Lutz, DPT & Amy Stein, DPT
- Winter 2009 - Physical Therapy for Children with Urinary or Bowel Issues
- Summer 2008 - Heal Pelvic Pain by Amy Stein, DPT
- Spring 2008 - Breast Health-Preventative and Lymphedema; International Pelvic Pain Society
- Winter 2008 - Low Back Pain and SIJ Pain; Nutrition for IBS
- Fall 2007 - Prenatal Physical Therapy; Acupuncture
- Spring 2007 - Lymphedema; Yoga
- Winter 2007 - Biofeedback; Acupuncture
Featured in the News
Amy Stein, DPT, BCB-PMD featured in an article on pelvic floor dysfunction
Amy Stein, DPT, BCB-PMD, was alarmed when a friend’s life started deteriorating after a simple bladder infection following a hysterectomy procedure. The woman’s doctor prescribed antibiotics, which eliminated the infection — but the symptoms persisted. Her friend, who was in her 50s, constantly felt the urge to urinate, and her bladder and urethra burned day and night. The pain escalated to severe abdominal discomfort and shooting pain in the vagina. The woman stopped working and rarely left the house as pain sidelined her into the lifestyle of a shut-in.
Amy Stein on The Dr. Oz Show:
Amy Stein guested on The Dr. Oz Show on April 29, 2014, discussing ways to relieve pelvic pain.
- The Pain Down There, Part 1
Pelvic Pain and the Pelvic Floor, on The Dr. Oz Show, April 29, 2014.
- The Pain Down There, Part 2
Pelvic Pain and the Pelvic Floor, on The Dr. Oz Show, April 29, 2014. Amy's exercises to relieve pelvic pain start at 1:40.
- Excercises to Relieve Pelvic Pain
Amy Stein teaches additional exercises to relieve pelvic pain.
Amy Stein was on ABC's 20/20 on August 7, 2009, to discuss pelvic pain and its effects on sexual dysfunction.
The Pelvic Messenger
Amy Stein talks about Male Pelvic Pain, the various diagnoses and mis-diagnoses and how Physical therapy can help.
The Pelvic Messenger
Amy Stein speaks about How Physical Therapy can help Female Pelvic Pain, Incontinence, pain associated with Endometriosis and sexual activity.
Amy Stein speaks at the ICA Forum in Philadelphia in June, 2013, and receives excellent feedback!
"4 Essential Moves to Strengthen Your Pelvic Floor" by Paige Fowler, April 16, 2015.
- Physical therapists offer hope for private pain
- Why It Hurts Down There
What you need to know about pelvic-floor dysfunction, Prevention Magazine, April 2014
- Inside Story: Amy Stein
If you're in pain "down there" a new kind of very intimate physical therapy may be the cure, Elle Magazine, September 2013
- Let Who Put What Where? Finding a Cure for Pelvic Pain
The issue plaguing many women has left most doctors flummoxed. But a new—and very intimate—form of therapy could finally provide relief, Elle Magazine, September 2013
Put An End to Pelvic Pain
No matter when the pain starts, physical therapists who specialize in treating pelvic and urogynecological pain disorders can help diagnose and treat this population.
Read the full article >>
- Hang Proud
A Day in the Life: Amy Stein
It's never easy being the first one on the block for anything. . .
Read the full article >>
- Symptoms of Vulvodynia, Treatments
Kristina Kozak is lucky to have her son Alexander. After she experienced some painful symptoms related to a bladder condition, she wasn't sure if she'd ever be able to have a child....Kozak's symptoms were due to something called Vulvodynia....And after several months, the [physical] therapy made a huge difference.
Full news article at NBC >>
- Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Can Cause Vulvar, Vaginal, & Pelvic Pain
Millions of women are suffering from pelvic floor disorders, yet for most, the disease goes unidentified and untreated.
Full news article at ourgyn.com >>
- THE CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Featured in Julie Deardorff's Oct. 12, 2008 column: 'Physical therapist Amy Stein, author of "Heal Pelvic Pain", says the root of pelvic problems is often misdiagnosed, ...
Full news article at The Chicago Tribune
- ALL YOU MAGAZINE
Editor has assigned piece on pelvic floor disorders, which will feature HEAL PELVIC PAIN
- GRAND FORKS HERALD
HEALTH & WELLNESS: A strong pelvic floor is no accident
Saturday, October, 25, 2008
The next time you laugh and — oops! — leak urine while you’re out with your friends, look around. New research shows roughly one in four American women suffers from a pelvic health issue including bladder control problems.
- KKNW-AM (CNN RADIO) "CONSCIOUS TALK" (SEATTLE, WA)
Nov. 7 , 2008 on KKNW-AM and also on Sundays on Radio Station KSBN in Spokane, WA.
- KTIP-AM (1450 AM): "Bodytalk" podcast
Nov. 8, 2008 2pm EST
"Body Talk" 1660 N Newcomb St; Porterville, CA 93257-9295
Host: Mimi Stoneburner
- PARENTS EVERYWHERE: National
Nov. 14, 2008 at 1 pm (ET), Orlando, FL 32828
- WCBS-AM: "Health and Well Being Report"
8:30am (ET) on Nov. 18, 2008;PODCAST, New York, NY
- WBZ-AM: "Women's Watch With Laurie Kirby"
Monday, Nov. 24, 2008 at 10:30am.; Boston, MA
- WBAI-FM: NY: "Woman: Body and Soul"
Thursday, December 11, 2008, 12-1pm live
Host: Natalie Thandiwe
Broadcasts to the New York area at 99.5 FM
- WICC-AM "DAVID SMITH EXCHANGE" (CONNECTICUT)
Amy Stein did a live half-hour interview at 2:30 pm (ET) on Oct. 21, 2008.
- KBBA-AM "TALK 980 KUSA (KBBO) MORNING SHOW" (YAKIMA, WA)
Amy Stein did a 10-minute taped interview on Oct. 27, 2008
- KLKC-AM 1540AM; "DOCTOR ON CALL"
Oct. 15, 2008; Kansas City, MO